Our AfterWork Network (AWN) is an exciting new department at the Eureka Woman’s Club designed to fit the needs of women who can’t attend daytime meetings. We provide forums for socializing and business networking: a place where you can share the events of the day, be encouraged by response, advice, or solution to a problem, and benefit from our ongoing educational segments, all while supporting this historic club and its many community service projects.
The goals of the AfterWork Network (AWN) are to increase membership of our Club, provide alternate meeting times for members unable to attend the traditional Wednesday afternoon meetings, and provide mentoring and support to all in Humboldt County, including those in the education, non-profit, and business communities.
Meetings are held at the Club on the 3rd Wednesday of each month (unless a holiday) at 5:30 pm. The 3rd Wednesday is for business networking.
What we hope to achieve:
- Support and further the long-term existence of our club and building;
- Facilitate networking and promote relationships among business people, help women and men in new businesses find resources and support, and provide education for those wishing to learn practical skills for business and personal use (like how to use free online programs to create graphics and fliers);
- Have fun.
The standing agenda for the AfterWork Network is
- 5:30 – 6:00: Networking;
- 6:00 – 6:20: Value/education segment, including Q&A;
- 6:20 – 6:40: Practice your 30-second business commercial – how to get comfortable giving your “elevator speech” for your club, non-profit organization, or business;
- 6:40 – 7 (ish): Networking and close.
Because many of you will be coming directly from work, we encourage you to bring a snack (for yourself or to share) and a drink.
Please stop by and let us know if you have some great ideas to help us achieve these goals.
References from some previous presentations:
- Build Personal Confidence and Professional Assertiveness, Elizabeth Berrien, The Wire Lady, 2017-4-19
- Get Full Value for What You Provide, Elizabeth Berrien, The Wire Lady, 2017-3-15
- Solar and Energy Savings, Lori Biondini, Redwood Coast Energy Authority, 2016-10-19
- Creating a Plan for a Successful Retirement by Ginger Weber & Francoise Crandell, Premier Financial Group, 2016-6-15
- PowerPoint 1.0 by E Coats, 2015-4-20
- How to Succeed with your New Year’s Resolutions, by E Connors-Keith
- Insurance is NOT Sexy, but you Need it Anyway! by D Hodge, 2015-11-18
- Protect Your Identity by C Weaselbear, 2015-10-21
- Polish Your Online Self by D Murguia, 2015-9-15
- Downsizing Decathlon by M Kraft, 2015-8-19
- Three Keys to Peace with Money by L McLeod, 2015-7-15
- RREDC and SBDC by V Fisher and C DeSantis, 2015-5-20
- Project Management by S Traphagen, 2015-4-15
- Basic MailChimp Instructions by E Coats, 2015-3-18